24.5 C
Abuja
Friday, September 17, 2021

2020 Hajj Restricted to Saudi Residents

TopSearch Magazine has reliably gathered that 2020 pilgrimage to the Saudi Arabia would not be opened to those who are not residents in the country.

According to the Saudi Ministry of Hajj and Umrah, The decision was taken due to the ongoing threat from the coronavirus pandemic and to preserve “global public health,”

Pilgrims taking part will be from various nationalities who already reside in Saudi Arabia.

About 2.5 million pilgrims performed Hajj last year but the ongoing scale and spread of COVID-19 worldwide means people will not be able to travel to the Kingdom to take part.

The ministry said the decision had been made “in light of continuation of the pandemic and the risks of Coronavirus spreading in crowded spaces and large gatherings.”

The statement said: “A very limited number of pilgrims from various nationalities who already reside in Saudi Arabia, would be able to perform it.

“This decision is taken to ensure Hajj is performed in a safe manner from a public health perspective while observing all preventative measures and the necessary social distancing protocols.” The Ministry confirmed.


Content copyrighted. This material and any other digital content on this platform may not be written, re-written, published, broadcast, or distributed in full or in part, without written permission from TopSearch Magazine.

Email: editor@topsearchmagazine.com

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Recent Comments